Client Server connection is broken.
Receive a messagebox with a title of Error and a body stating Client-Server error 10054 receiving data.
Check the BRConfig.log (You must turn logging on). Review the "Launch Line" (Something like this).
Security process has started with command c:\...\BRServer.exe -c:\...\WBConfig.sys, startdir c:\...\, logfile c:\...\brconfig.log, loglevel 10, stderr file NULL, socket handle 120, anonymous NULL There will most likely be another line after it explaining the reason for the problem.
- See also Error 10038
- Remember that while Port 8555 is typically used to initiate the inbound connection to BRListener, Ports 1024-65535 will be used to connect by to BRClient.
- Most Windows Sockets 2 functions do not return the specific cause of an error when the function returns. For information, see the Handling Winsock Errors topic.
- Perhaps this is caused by a bad path in BRListener.conf
- Mapped Network drives WILL NOT work as the BRServer session does not have mappings.
- UNC names will work properly, but significantly affect performance.
Host: Make sure the server name is correct, in particular, you may have moved to a new server or IP address
Label: This is case sensitive, and remember "Spaces" and perhaps other special characters require "" (Quotes)